(I couldn’t get to writing a post last week due to Mozlandia)
In the last two weeks, we merged 61 pull requests.
The amazing Michael Wu has gotten Servo running on a Flame! You can try it out here
- This is not the
Cargo.tomlyou are looking for
- Sean and Manish integrated Hyper with Servo and added openssl to the Android build respectively
- Clark implemented CSS
- Patrick implemented CSS
- Matt Rasmus added support for multiline text input (
- Manish added support for element activation
- Emanuel added PgUp/PgDn support to text input
- Ms2ger cleaned up node.rs
- Nikhil and his team implemented part of
- Patrick integrated CEF binding autogeneration
- Glenn improved layout of Google Search
- Matt Rasmus updated mach and added a debugger flag
There were some after hours sessions at Mozlandia for getting people involved in Servo, which went rather well!
- Aakash jain
- Eduard Burtescu
- Gilbert Röhrbein
- Hinali Marfatia
- Jesse Tuchsen
- Jonathan Hao
- Michael Booth
- Nathan Climer
- Nathan Froyd
- Paul DiPietro
- Sagar Muchhal
- Tamir Duberstein
- Timothy Terriberry
We had a rather productive work week, with many interesting discussions being held. A couple of topics that were discussed with other teams:
- We plan on getting some Rust code in Gecko (probably a small library). We had a discussion with the build peers on what constraints are on the component to get it integrated with the build system. A couple of things Rust needs:
- Ability to be debugged on windows
- (Eventually) distro packaging
- (Eventually) artifact caching
- We need to support targeting a bunch of platforms, including XP
- Boot to Servo! We hope to be able to run the Firefox OS home screen in Servo (and beyond). Prerequisites and other issues were discussed in the meeting.
- We had a meeting with the Spidermonkey team where upgrade blockers, threading, sharing a heap/GC were discussed, among other things.
- We also had discussions with the automation team on web-platform-tests integration and performance/power/mobile testing. Speed, reftests, better tooling, performance testing, device testing, and layout performance were discussed. Hopefully we might have integration with treeherder in the future.
- GFX was discussed as well
In this week’s meeting (minutes), we discussed Rust in Gecko, Spidermonkey/Azure upgrades, dogfooding, and reviews.