In the last week, we landed 17 PRs. Next week should have more, as some of the work was being held back, pending the large conversion from autotools to Cargo.
There was no meeting on September 1, as that was the US Labor Day holiday.
- Glenn added initial layout debugging support
- Martin added typed units support to the compositor
- Laleh added the power usage measurement scripts she has been using to generate the graphs that appear in our LinuxCon, etc. presentations
Stuff discussed in the meeting:
- Cargo: The switch to Cargo will land shortly.
- Script: It uses 1.2GB of RAM, and running concurrently with other large compilations can cause TravisCI to abort, as it exceeds the 3GB limit.
- Android embedding strategy
- Switching from busy-looping in our work-stealing to a back-off strategy and the resulting power savings