This week, we merged 23 pull requests
- Clark, Glenn, and Jack landed a rust upgrade
- Josh’s single-line text input pull request finally merged! Google search works in Servo now!
- Martin made some progress towards incremental iframe creation/destruction
- Rohan added more type-based safety by replacing void pointers with empty enums in embedding
- David and Kshitij merged some work on MIME sniffing
- Patrick rewrote display-list construction to make stacking contexts more first class
- Mukilan added the ability to pass arguments to callbacks in
- Ms2ger did some cleanups of the constellation code
- We planned for the upcoming December work week.
- We now build for Android on the buildbots, though there aren’t any tests yet. We’ll be getting ARM servers in the cloud and a Nexus 9 for testing once we get cross-compilation working. QEMU was discussed as an alternative
- CEF is almost completely filled out, though the rust upgrade broke it. There are some issues to be discussed regarding string encodings and CEF.
- We’re having some logo proposals
- The transition to an out-of-tree libgreen and IO was discussed.
- Critic (our review tool) has problems with rebases, which breaks the usual PR workflow. How do we deal with this?