This week, we merged 42 pull requests
Work on Windows support has started, in part. We’re tracking progress here, let us know in IRC if you want to help out!
- Ms2ger made some JS safety improvements:
- Adding the
Unrooted<T>JS pointer to be used when we’re holding a pointer to an untraced JS value
Roottill we get something akin to
- Switching the parser to
- Adding the
- Manish fixed the Gonk build
- Josh added support for firing events from dedicated workers to their corresponding
- Shing added support for using a hostfile via the
This is Servo running on the Flame (Firefox OS):
This is running directly on top of Gonk (which is why I can’t take an actual screenshot).
If you have a Flame (or other Firefox OS device) and want to try this out, steps for the build can be found here. Note that the B2G clone and build will take a sizeable amount of space on your machine (~17GB). We’re considering distributing a small prebuilt package with all the headers and libraries, however there might be licensing issues.
If you want to try it out without a build, ask Manishearth in IRC for the binaries (needs a rooted phone. Flames on v188 nightly are rooted by default).
- Servo’s hiring! Details talk to Jack or Lars if you want to know more
- Rust upgrade: It appears to be that we’re stuck in the state of perpetual rustup.
- We’re going to make all of our dependencies track rustc nightly, to make it easier for others to use (and to make Rust upgrades easier)
- Cookies landed!
- Windows support: A couple of people are interested in working on this, we discussed some issues. More here.
- Async DOM APIs: We’d like to propose some new DOM APIs that call into layout in an asynchronous manner, however we probably don’t have the expertise/people power to do this now.