In the last week, we landed 133 PRs in the Servo organization’s repositories.
Planning and Status
This week’s status updates are here.
- ms2ger added support for using Gecko’s string atoms in rust-selectors, which is a major performance issue for reusing Servo’s style system in Firefox
- autrilla changed our build driver script,
mach, to display more information when there is a virtualenv or python failure
- larsberg increased the number of parallel processes in use on our Mac builders which, in conjunction with some other system tuning, reduces the OSX builder times to around 30 minutes
- mbrubeck fixed a case where layout could cause more nodes to be laid out than were necessary
- glennw switched the Android build to officially use OpenGL ES3 now that the corresponding WebRender support landed
- heycam added support for
- mmatyas upgraded Cargo, to pick up much better support for per-target build configurations
- dati updated the WebBluetooth implementation significantly to pick up spec changes
- jdm implemented basic
- aneeshusa made the Vagrant support for testing our CI builders more full-featured
- connorgbrewster corrected some mistakes that prevented logging into sites like Twitter and Github
- pcwalton rewrote significant parts of float-related layout to be more correct
- nox upgraded SpiderMonkey to use version 48
- jdm implemented support for controlling the visibility of content-exposed APIs components via preferences
Interested in helping build a web browser? Take a look at our curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!
Screenshot of Firefox browsing wikipedia using Servo’s Stylo style system implementation: