In the last week, we landed 122 PRs in the Servo organization’s repositories.
The big news, of course, is that we released initial Servo Nightly builds for macOS and Linux! We’d like to give a big thank-you to everybody who helped in the days leading up to the release, testing, providing last-minute fixes, and responding so quickly to questions in IRC and social media after the launch. We’re really happy with how the launch went and are looking forward to releasing Windows and Android builds soon!
Planning and Status
Our overall roadmap is available online. We will be doing our Q3 planning in the upcoming week.
This week’s status updates are here.
- cbrewster added the ability to send the Servo version number along with the issue reports generated from panics in nightly builds
- Johann Hofmann switched Servo to to use the newer, faster brotli crate from Dropbox
- pcwalton reduced texture sizes to avoid some pathological cases that caused jank and crashiness in some video cards
- aneesh added the initial Windows nightly build steps
- glennw fixed some issues with Twitter
- jdm added SSL certificate debugging information to our error page
- emilio made it much easier to set up the bindings generator for Stylo’s Gecko/Rust interop code
- jdm tracked down a ridiculous issue that was causing intermittent OpenSSL test failures on our CI
- edunham added support for bindgen in the Servo CI system
- perlun fixed some case-sensitive file system issues
- izgzhen improved the File API backends
- notriddle corrected a common panic on pages with CSS transitions
- eddyb rewrote the JS GC rooting implementation to avoid a deprecated Rust feature
- emilio implemented preliminary CSS animation support
- Andre Silva
- Cameron Paul
- Jacob Clark
- Jacob Thomas
- James Raspass
- Johann Hofmann
- Marco Neumann
- Nikhil Shagrithaya
- Travis Dean
Interested in helping build a web browser? Take a look at our curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!
The nightly release demo reel: