In the last week, we landed 96 PRs in the Servo organization’s repositories.
Promise support has arrived in Servo, thanks to hard work by jdm, dati91, and mmatyas! This does not fully implement microtasks, but unblocks the uses of Promises in many places (e.g., the WebBluetooth test suite).
Emilio rewrote the bindings generation code for rust-bindgen, dramatically improving the flow of the code and output generated when producing Rust bindings for C and C++ code.
Planning and Status
Our overall roadmap is available online and now includes the Q3 plans. The Q4 and 2017 planning will begin shortly!
This week’s status updates are here. We have been having a conversation on the mailing list about how to better involve all contributors to the Servo project and especially improve the visibility into upcoming work - please make your ideas and opinions known!
- bholley made it possible to manage the Gecko node data without using FFI calls
- aneeshusa improved Homu so that it would ignore Work in Progress (WIP) pull requests
- wdv4758h implemented iterators for
- nox updated our macOS builds to use
- TheKK added support for
noreferrerto when determining referrer policies
- manish made style unit tests run on all properties (including stylo-only ones)
- gw added the OSMesa source, a preliminary step towards better headless testing on CI
- emilio implemented improved support for function pointers, typedefs, and macOS’s stdlib in bindgen
- schuster styled the input text element with user-agent CSS rather than hand-written Rust code
- jeenalee added support for open-ended dictionaries in the Headers API
- saneyuki fixed the build failures in SpiderMonkey on macOS Sierra
- mrobinson added support for
- pcwalton improved the layout of http://python.org
- phrohdoh implemented the
minlengthattribute for text inputs
- anholt improved WebGL support
- mmatyas added ARM support to WebRender
- ms2ger implemented safe, high-level APIs for manipulating JS typed arrays
- manish added the ability to uncompute a style back to its specified value, in support of animations
- cbrewster added an option to replace the current session entry when reloading a page
- kichjang changed the loading of external scripts to use the Fetch network stack
- splav implemented the HTMLOptionsCollection API
- cynicaldevil fixed a panic involving
<link>elements and the
Interested in helping build a web browser? Take a look at our curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!
Demo of the in-progress fetch() API: