In the last week, we merged 94 PRs in the Servo organization’s repositories.
We also got Servo running under the hood of Firefox Focus on Android as a proof of concept. More details on that soon!
Planning and Status
Our roadmap is available online, including the overall plans for 2018.
This week’s status updates are here.
- nical fixed an issue with disappearing 2d transforms in WebRender.
- christianpoveda implemented the typed array-based
sendAPI for WebSockets.
- nox implemented the WebGL
- kwonoj added support for retrieving typed arrays from Fetch bodies.
- nox added support for obtaining data URLs from WebGL canvases.
- Xanewok removed a source of unsafety from the JS handle APIs.
- Xanewok replaced hand-written typed array support in WebGL APIs with automatically generated code.
- jdm worked around a frequent OOM crash on Android.
- glennw made automatic mipmap generation for WebRender images opt-in.
- glennw simplified various parts of the WebRender pipeline for line decorations.
- christianpoveda added support for typed arrays as blob sources.
- alexrs made the command parsing portion of homu testable.
- lsalzman reduced the amount of memory that is consumed by glyph caches in WebRender.
- glennw made text shadows draw in screen space in WebRender.
- jdm increased the configurability of homu’s list of repositories.
- Moggers exposed the WebRender debugger through a cargo feature for downstream projects.
- gootorov implemented the
- paulrouget redesigned the way that Servo’s embedding APIs are structured.
- nakul02 added time spent waiting on synchronous recv() operations to Servo’s profiler.
Interested in helping build a web browser? Take a look at our curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!