In the last few months (whoops!), we merged 498 PRs in the Servo organization’s repositories. It should be easier to return to a regular publishing schedule now that we’re caught up!
Planning and Status
This week’s status updates are here.
Exciting Work in Progress
- paulrouget is completely redesigning how the Android port works; we’ll have a usable browser application on Android once it merges.
- Manishearth and ferjm are implementing the DOM APIs required for WebAudio content to work.
- gterzian is making Window.open work.
- KiChjang is adding support for the MessagePort and MessageChannel DOM APIs.
- bobthekingofegypt improved the layout of absolutely positioned replaced block elements.
- DonatJr implemented the
FileReaderSyncAPI for web workers.
- gterzian added support for the
beforeunloadevent when navigating a web page.
- talklittle removed the need to have the
adbbinary in the path when making android builds.
- jdm added support for x86 android builds.
- jonleighton improved the font fallback behaviour.
- KiChjang implemented the missing indexed window getter API.
- simartin corrected a number of WebGL APIs.
- fabricedesre implemented several API for
- gterzian moved all UI-related code for prompts and alerts to the embedding layer.
- kvark added support to webrender for debug output that chases a display item through the entire rendering pipeline.
- mrobinson corrected an infinite loop when calculating ellipse arc lengths.
- pyfisch added support for rendering the
- pyfisch corrected an edge case for clipping background colours.
- mbrubeck implemented pinch zoom support on Android.
- nox added support for a bunch of WebGL
- arthurps made it possible to reduce the size of SmallVec values using unions.
- asajeffrey performed several magic tricks to make mozjs rely on the bindgen tool.
- SimonSapin updated our SIMD code to use the new
- gterzian improved the implementation of
window.closeto better match the specification.
- nical moved blob rasterization into a separate thread in webrender.
- nox implemented several WebGL extensions.
- jrmuizel fixed a problem in WebRender with fonts over a certain size completely disappearing.
- tigercosmos implemented several WebIDL properties for text input elements.
- gw3583 avoided a panic when dealing with zero-size borders in WebRender.
- gterzian corrected an edge case when fetching from URLs with active HTTP cache entries.
- SimonSapin added automation to prepare an Android build environment and verify that the Android port runs correctly in an emulator.
- mrobinson extended the border gradient implementation in WebRender to support all current CSS features.
- nox moved WebGL vertex attribute information into the DOM to improve performance of getter APIs.
- nox implemented instanced WebGL drawing calls.
- SimonSapin added automation to verify the android-x86 build as part of every change.
- nupurbaghel implemented several specification algorithms as part of supporting responsive images.
- nox improved the correctness of the WebGL uniform APIs.
- jdm fixed a regression that prevented clicking on HiDPI screens.
- nox implemented the missing WebGL
- mbrubeck fixed a memory-safety error in the
- Dale Wijnand
- Dan Glastonbury
- Kristen Wright
- Matthew Young
- Morgan Rae Reschenberg
- Olli Pettay
- Oriol Brufau
- Philipp Klein
- Yusuf Sermet
Interested in helping build a web browser? Take a look at our curated list of issues that are good for new contributors!